....as theological as I can get.....

....as theological as I can get.....

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Apostolic let down...This isn't over.

I don't think I have ever been in the presence of a nicer group of people. 
This is the primary reason I will most likely never return to this particular congregation again. 

Folks, I am kind of bummed out about this post. I showed up for 10am service with the high hopes of meeting and seeing some crazy, crazy worshipers. I don't know if I chose the wrong Sunday, or this congregation is relatively mellow, but it was just a normal tambourine-ish church. I, once again, sat in the back and looked at the back of everyone's heads..Which were awesome! Swirly braids, prom style up-do's and BUNS. Oh, the buns. I am really sad that there was no Holy Ghost Explosion, or Cah-razy praise break for me to secretly video and post on the blog. I will, however, make plans to visit a larger congregation out of state. I just have to see these people in action.
Sorry to disappoint y'all. 
Here's a gratuitous youtube vid of what I wish I would have seen today.



5 comments:

  1. oh man, there's so much that you're out missing on! i once went to a pentecostal church when i was a kid and this guy was literally screaming, running down the isles with an accordion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude...are people insane? That was an amazing video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the People's Court soundtrack. But yes, this is what I thought I was going to attend yesterday. Can we say, Bummer?? And can I say Eternal Hellfire for me??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just LOVE your posts. You tend to make me giggle with every read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If that is what you want to see keep going I have attended a pentecostal church regularly from a child until my teens (Our family church was one) and that happens almost every sunday: talking in tongues, people with the Holy Spirit running up and down the aisles. A few months before I got married to my husband I took him to my family church, they started doing those things, freaked the fuck out of him, and til this day he refuses to go back. You probably just didn't go on the right Sunday, This past Sunday should have been the drinking of Christ blood as wine and taking his flesh as bread so it may have been watered down, but the video is true. Love your posts, you have such a great sense of humor with everyone. Good times.

    ReplyDelete